About Kentucky Heat Treating Company
The Kentucky Heat Treating Company was founded in 1967 in Georgetown, Kentucky to service the Lexington IBM typewriter plant and other commercial accounts in the area. It was located in a 16,000 sq ft plant and utilized batch integral quench equipment. In 1981, the company was sold. Since that time there have been many changes and considerable growth both in size and equipment. In 2004 the company relocated to Winchester Kentucky and is currently occupying a building of 65,000 sq ft. Over the years, due to customer requests, we have added a number of new furnaces. Included would be:
- Eight batch integral quench furnaces with four of them being 36” x 48” x 36” and a load capacity of 4,000 lbs. These furnaces are used for neutral hardening, marquenching, carburizing and hardening, carbonitriding, normalizing, and ferritic nitrocarburizing.
- Seven vacuum furnaces. Two of which have 10 bar quenches, one with a 6 bar quench and one with a 2 bar quench. Two are vacuum tempers. These furnaces are used for tool and die hardening, stainless steel processing, high speed steel hardening, vacuum annealing, and vacuum tempering.
- Three car bottoms. These furnaces are 15 ft long x 6 ft wide x 5 ft high. They each have four zones of control and are capable of running a nitrogen atmosphere for clean work. Each furnace has a load capacity of 40,000 lbs. These furnaces are used for annealing and stress relieving.
- An automatic zinc phosphate line. Barrel size is 30” diameter by 48” long. Line is capable of either a polymer or oil application as a finish. The line is capable of processing 12,000 lbs/hr.
- A wet bench magnetic particle inspection unit for checking for surface flaws in ferrous parts. Parts can be checked up to 44” in length.
- Shot Blasting. We can either tumble or rack blast with steel shot. The racking would be for smaller parts up to 36” in length that cannot be tumbled.
With the increased capacity and services available to the customer, we have not overlooked our responsibility and dedication to providing a quality product. Kentucky Heat Treating is an ISO 9001-2008 certified and CQI-9 compliant organization.
ISO 9001:2015 (PDF)